scroll for the Story
~ MORE ~
→ Story You’re Creating or Missing . . .
Your Story here :
Iftar snacks recipes – collection of 100 snack recipes for Iftar.
This post shares a collection of vegetarian snacks that can be easily made for Iftar. some of these snack recipes can be made for suhoor as well. Most of these snacks are Indian snacks that can be made for Iftar.
Get My Secrets to Great Indian Food
Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking
Iftar menu changes according to the region as well as country. typically in countries like India, Pakistan, bangladesh there are some snacks recipes which are quite popular like samosa, pakoda, kabab, tikka. The list below does have good recipes of these popular snacks. Most of the recipes listed below are with step by step pics. So its easy to follow the recipes and make them.
Many of the snacks are easy to prepare and won’t take much of your time. The deep fried snacks can be easily baked or you can use an air fryer too. If baking, then bake at 180 degrees celsius in an oven which has been preheated for 15 minutes at the same temperature of 180 degrees celsius.
Accompaniments to be served with the snacks can be any dip or chutney or sauce of your choice. You can also check this collection of 42 chutney recipes and take your pick. I have also shared collection of 45 Iftar sweets recipes and Ramadan recipes.
Also make sure you eat healthy during the fasting period. Drink lots of water, have lots of Fruit juices and fresh fruits.
Wishing ramadan kareem to all my muslim friends and readers.
1. Hara bhara kabab recipe – tasty veg kabab made from spinach, peas and potatoes. Nutritious as well as delicious. There are various varieties of kabab which are made during Iftar and this is one of the popular kabab you can include in your Iftar menu.
2. Falafel recipe – falafel is a middle eastern snack of fried chickpea balls or patties. In this falafel recipe, I have shared the method on how to make traditional falafel with soaked raw chickpeas. There is another method where Falafel is made with cooked chickpeas. You can also make Herb falafel. another very popular middle eastern dish is Pita bread.
3. Paneer bread rolls recipe – quick baked snack of bread rolls stuffed with a spiced paneer stuffing.
4. Veg kabab recipe – delicious baked mix veg kabab. Very easy to prepare. You can bake them as well as pan fry. Baked ones are definitely healthier, but even the pan fried ones are healthy as we are not shallow frying or deep frying.
5. Bread pakora with stuffed potatoes – bread pakora is stuffed with a filling of mashed & spiced potatoes, dipped in besan and deep fried. One can be innovative in making the filling. Though, mashed potatoes is a common filling used.
6. Paneer pakora recipe – these tasty paneer pakoras are crisp from outside and soft from inside. these paneer pakoras can be had as a snack or with a cup of tea. Different varieties of pakora are made during Iftar. You will also see them getting sold in sweet shops. You can also make Palak pakora and Gobi pakora as a Iftar snack.
7. Mysore bonda recipe – crisp, soft and fluffy fritters made with urad dal. mysore bonda are quite similar to Medu vada except for the fresh coconut pieces that go into the batter and the shape. The coconut pieces give a good texture and bite in the otherwise soft bonda.
9. Garlic bread on tawa recipe – a super easy recipe of making garlic bread on a tawa or frying pan and without the oven. usually I make garlic bread as an accompaniment to Soups or as a starter. But they equally taste good with Tea or Coffee.
10. Bread rolls with stuffed potatoes – crisp bread rolls with a soft spiced mashed potato filling. A snack that can be made in a jiffy if you have leftover boiled potatoes.
11. Vegetable cutlet recipe – crisp veg patties made with mixed vegetables. You can use vegetables like potatoes, peas, carrots and french beans.
13. Veg shammi kabab recipe – shammi kabab is a very popular Awadhi dish made from minced meat, lentils and spices. The non-veg version of kababs are succulent, tasty and melt in the mouth. now these vegetarian shammi kababs are not melt in the mouth. That much I can tell you, but they are delicious.
15. Baked bread rolls recipe – easy to prepare baked bread rolls with a cheesy spiced potato stuffing. you can choose the filling you want. I usually go for the classic potato-cheese combination.
17. Pazham pori recipe – a delicious sweet snack from Kerala made with ripe bananas. Banana slices are coated in an all purpose flour batter and then deep fried. Pazham pori is the one of the popular snack that is made during ramadan fasting in Kerala.
18. Masala vada recipe – popular South Indian spiced fritters made with chana dal (bengal gram). The method of preparing masala vadai is similar to Falafel. instead of ground white chickpeas, chana dal is used here. The spices and herbs added here are also different than what is added in falafel.
19. Rajma kabab recipe – tasty and flavorful kebabs made from kidney beans aka rajma. this protein rich rajma kabab can be easily included in your Iftar meals. rajma kebabs can be served with Mint chutney or Mint raita. also goes well with Red chili garlic chutney, Coriander chutney or Tamarind chutney.
20. Achari paneer tikka recipe – yet another variation of the popular paneer tikka flavored with pickling spices. if you enjoy biting into pickle and relishing the sour taste of lemon or mango then you will like this recipe. You can easily include this paneer tikka recipe in your Iftar menu. Few more similar Paneer recipes you can make during ramzan are:
21. Aloo chana chaat recipe – spicy, tangy, sweet chaat recipe made with boiled potatoes and white chickpeas (safed chole or chana). the chana chaat recipe can also be made into a salad. Just add some grated carrots, blanched french beans, beetroots, zucchini to the chaat. Skip the papdi and sev, if serving as a salad.
22. Aloo kulcha recipe – crisp as well as soft leavened breads stuffed with a spiced potato filling. Kulcha is very popular in Delhi and in the state of Punjab. you can serve kulcha with Mango pickle and Curd. however it will also equally go well with Peshawari chole or Kadai chole or Dal makhani or Dal bukhara or Paneer chole masala.
23. Khasta matar kachori recipe – a flaky, crisp deep fried pastry filled with spiced peas filling. The matar kachori filling can be varied from savory to sweet, from potato & peas to lentils and even onions.
24. Cheese bread pakora recipe – I have used cheese slices as a stuffing for the bread. You can also use the bread as it is without any filling. You can also have the combination of potatoes and cheese as the stuffing.
25. Namak pare recipe – savory and fried flour crispies and usually had with Chai. namak para is an easy recipe to make and except the frying in batches everything else does not take time. They are excellent tea time snacks. there is also a sweet version and these are called as Shakkar pare.
26. Corn patties recipe – crisp melt in the mouth corn patties made with mashed potatoes and stuffed with a spicy corn filling.
27. Paneer sandwich recipe – easy and delicious recipe of grilled paneer sandwich. The recipe shared is an Indian style paneer sandwich which includes Green chutney, spices and herbs. For more sandwich recipes you can check this Collection of 34 sandwich recipes.
28. Mix veg pakora recipe – the mix vegetable pakora are an easy and quick to make snack. Use any vegetables that you have and you have a hot crispy snack ready. you can use different veggies like Cauliflower, capsicum, Cabbage, Raw banana, Aubergines, Kand, Methi, Spinach, green chili and of course Onions. usually in the Iftar meals mix pakoras are served with various chutneys or dips.
29. Plain bread pakora recipe – a very popular and quick snack. In this bread pakora recipe, there is no stuffing involved. Just dipping the bread in the gram flour batter and frying them. Easy and quick.
30. Quick bread bhatura recipe – quick bhatura made with bread slices and whole wheat flour (atta). The recipe does not require to leaven the dough for hours. If you love having bhatura with Punjabi chole masala then you can also check these recipes:
32. Pav bhaji in pressure cooker – easy method of preparing delicious pav bhaji using pressure cooker. you can also check this Mumbai pav bhaji recipe which is made in a pan (kadai). There are some recipes which can be made in pressure to save time. I have shared quite a few Pressure cooker recipes which are quick to make and also taste good. E.g.
- Veg pulao in pressure cooker
- Veg biryani in pressure cooker
- Chole masala in pressure cooker
- Rajma masala in pressure cooker
- Dal makhni in pressure cooker
- Moong dal khichdi recipe
- Paneer biryani in pressure cooker
- Mushroom biryani in pressure cooker
33. Onion pakora recipe – onion fritters made with gram flour are a popular Indian street food. It is one snack that is easy to prepare and tastes good too. Onion pakoras are usually served with some fried salted green chilies and a green chutney or Sweet chutney. for more pakora recipes, you can also check this collection of 35 pakora recipes.
34. Veg bonda recipe – deep fried snack of stuffed mix veggies coated with gram flour batter (besan). as the name suggests mix veggies are added. To make these addictive snack, you can add your choice of mix veggies. I added carrots, potatoes and peas. I always add these three veggies. if there is cauliflower, then I add some of it too. You can also add capsicum and beetroots.
35. Mumbai veg sandwich – spiced street food snack of toast sandwiches from Mumbai. what adds spice to the veg sandwich is the spicy coriander chutney, black salt and chaat masala. For more tasty street food recipes from Mumbai you can check this post – 30 best Mumbai street food recipes.
36. Samosa recipe – a classic and popular Indian snack stuffed with spiced potato peas filling. You can easily make it a part of your Iftar menu. In fact different types of samosa are usually sold during ramzan in countries like India, Pakistan and bangladesh. They are also a popular street food in India. In Mumbai, there are street food snacks of samosa-pav and samosa sandwich. In the north India, you will get Samosa chole chaat. health conscious people can try this Baked aloo samosa recipe.
37. Papdi chaat recipe – in this chaat, besides the papdis, a melt in the mouth fusion of boiled chickpeas, potatoes and curd is added.
38. Paneer paratha recipe – paneer paratha is one of the many popular paratha varieties from Punjab. Its an all time favorite paratha at home and is served in most restaurants as well as Punjabi dhabas (road side eateries). there are varieties of parathas made like Methi paratha, Aloo paratha, Matar paratha And Masala paratha.
39. Besan cheela recipe – savory pancake made with gram flour, spices & herbs. Grated veggies can also be added to make the recipe more nutritious. You can also check Rava chilla, Oats cheela and Moong dal cheela. these cheelas are not only healthy but also quick and easy to make.
40. Veg spring rolls recipe – a popular Indo Chinese snack of vegetable spring rolls. If you have the wrappers ready, then making spring rolls is not difficult. You can make the Spring rolls wrappers at home or buy them from outside.
41. Dal kachori recipe – flaky kachoris made with a spiced moong lentils stuffing. Kachoris can be made and stored for a couple of days in the fridge. With this recipe you can also make kachori chaat. Two more kachori recipes you can make are Urad dal kachori and Bengali matar kachori recipe.
42. Mumbai grilled veg sandwich recipe – a Bombay vegetable sandwich spiced with cilantro chutney and grilled. Grilling the sandwich makes the bread slices golden crisp and many people like it that way.
43. Mushroom tikka recipe – this is another tikka variation that you can make during Iftar. Its a very easy recipe and healthy too. You just need to marinate the mushrooms and then grill or bake the mushrooms in the oven. This same marination can be used with veggies like potatoes, aubergines, cauliflower and broccoli. Few more popular Mushroom recipes which you can make during ramadan are:
44. Fruit salad recipe – easy to digest as well as nutritious. as a topping on the fruits, I added some roasted cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts for additional texture and crunch. Its good to have lots of fruits during ramadan fasting.
45. Aloo 65 – crisp and spicy potatoes. Makes for a good starter snack. best to have them when they are hot. Once they become cool, the crispiness is lost.
46. Kala chana chaat recipe – this black chickpeas chaat is spicy, tangy and can be made more spicy, if you add some more chilies to it. This also serves as an excellent starter and can be served both warm and chilled.
47. Palak pakora recipe – crisp, Tasty and deep fried spinach fritters. These palak pakoras can be baked too if you don’t want to fry them, with all the goodness of the spinach, sesame seeds and of course chickpea flour. Few more starter snacks you can make with Palak are:
48. Bhel puri recipe – a crispy, soft, sweet, tangy, spicy mixture of many edibles like puffed rice, roasted peanuts, sweet chutney, green chutney, onions, tomatoes, sev etc. A snack that can be made in a jiffy if you have all the ingredients ready. Other variations of bhel puri are Sukha bhel puri and Hurda bhel.
50. Corn chaat recipe – this spicy corn chaat is an easy snack which you can prepare quickly or whenever you are short of time. Even bachelors can make it as it does not require any cooking expertise. Few more snacks you can make with Corn are:
51. Paneer tikka on tawa recipe – spiced marinated cottage cheese cubes pan fried on a tawa or griddle. these tawa paneer tikka can be served as a starter or a snack with sliced onions, lime and Mint yogurt chutney. they even go well as a side dish. You can even have the paneer tikka with Rotis, Naan or Bread or Plain paratha or Pudina paratha. this is one of the easiest tikka recipe that you can make as an Iftar snack.
52. Sev puri recipe – a spicy, sweet, tangy chaat with so many different textures and tastes mingling in your mouth. Its easy to assemble sev puris. Just that some of the ingredients need to be prepped up before you start assembling them.
53. Veg manchurian dry recipe – an Indo Chinese starter dish of fried veg balls in a spicy, sweet and tangy sauce. If you want to make the gravy version as a main course dish, then here is the link for Veg manchurian gravy recipe.
54. Aloo masala grilled sandwich – easy to make grilled sandwich with spiced mashed potatoes.
55. Dahi bhalla chaat recipe – a popular snack in north India, particularly in Delhi and Punjab. Dahi bhalla are slightly different from dahi vada. In dahi bhalle, Papdis, boiled potato cubes and cooked chickpeas are added which add different textures, taste and flavor to the dahi bhalla.
56. Cheese balls recipe – easy recipe of cheese balls made with potatoes, gram flour (besan) and cheese. for the type of cheese, you can use either cheddar cheese or processed cheese. You can also check this similar Corn cheese balls recipe.
57. Aloo pakora recipe – Potato fritters or Batata bhajji as I call them has always been a favorite snack at home. Cooked soft melt in the mouth potato slices, golden and crisp served with some Coriander chutney & Tamarind date chutney
58. Gobi 65 recipe – spicy starter snack of fried cauliflower florets. The genre of 65 recipes are pretty popular in southern parts of India.
59. Chilli paneer recipe – spicy Indo Chinese starter recipe of dry chili paneer. You can serve chili paneer as starter snack or even roll them in chapatis and make a chili paneer wrap. If looking for gravy version then here is the Chilli paneer gravy recipe. two more spicy Indo Chinese paneer dish are Schezwan paneer And Chilli paneer restaurant style recipe.
60. Aloo paratha recipe – this is a popular Indian paratha stuffed with a spiced potato stuffing. aloo paratha is accompanied with plain Yogurt or Mango pickle or Lemon pickle or with Dal makhani. there are many varieties of parathas that you can make during ramadan like:
61. Chana dal vada recipe – popular crispy and crunchy fried snack made from chana dal, onions and spices-herbs.
62. Veg pizza recipe – this is a tried and tested vegetarian pizza recipe and if everything is followed correctly, you will be able to make great pizzas with a choice of your toppings for your family and friends. Few more delicious pizza recipes you can make are:
63. Gobi tikka recipe – this tandoori gobi is an excellent snack or starter recipe. its a fool proof recipe. this gobi tikka recipe is a spicy version, so if making for kids or folks who do not like spicy food, just cut down half of the red chili powder and Garam masala. few more delicious Gobi recipes you can make during ramadan:
64. Chana masala toast recipe – quick toast or grilled sandwiches made with leftover Chana masala. this toast sandwich recipe can be made with leftover Rajma (kidney beans) or Lobia masala too. Just keep in mind that the gravy/curry has to be semi dry or dry.
66. Ram ladoo recipe – a popular street food snack from Delhi. These are basically fried pakoras or vadas made from moong dal and chana dal batter. However they are called as ram ladoos.
67. Paneer 65 recipe – quick and easy to make spicy paneer 65 recipe from Hyderabadi cuisine. paneer 65 dish makes for a quick starter or snack recipe. You can serve paneer 65 hot as a starter or with some Chapatis, Naan or Tandoori rotis.
68. Chura matar recipe – UP style recipe of chura matar or matar poha. Chura matar is an evening snack which is popular and made in many homes in Uttar Pradesh during the winters.
69. Gobi manchurian dry recipe – popular Indo Chinese recipe of pan fried cauliflower florets coated with a spicy sauce. If you are looking for the gravy version then you can check this Gobi manchurian gravy recipe. other popular spicy Indo Chinese starter snacks are Chilli baby corn and Chilli mushroom.
72. Chana dal pakora recipe – these crispy fried fritters made from chana dal are one of the favorite tea time snacks at home. They have a crisp texture from out and a soft bite from within. These pakoras are commonly made as an Iftar snack.
73. Amritsari paneer tikka recipe – tasty starter snack of crisp shallow fried paneer cubes. the paneer cubes are marinated in a mixture of gram flour, spices, herbs and then fried. This tikka recipe comes from the city of golden temple – amritsar in Punjab. Few more delicious recipes from amritsar city are Amritsari chole, Paneer kulcha and Amritsari dal recipe.
74. Aloo poori recipe – this yummy meal of poori with spiced potato curry is popular all over India. Each region has its own variation. In maharashtra its called as Poori bhaji and the potato curry is dry as compared to potato gravy served in north India. Masala poori is also very popular in south India. For south version you can check this Poori masala post. In north India, we love to dunk pooris not only in spiced potato curry but also in chole. So you can enjoy poori with various chole varieties like
75. Bread besan toast recipe – one of those quick snack recipes that can be made in a jiffy. Just takes about 15 to 20 minutes. All you need is besan (gram flour), the usual Indian spices-herbs and bread.
76. Mirchi pakora recipe – easy to prepare pakora with large green chilies. mirchi bhajiyas is an easy to make recipe and can be served as a side dish with dal or any vegetable curry.
77. Mushroom cutlet recipe – delicious cutlets made with mushrooms, mashed potatoes and spices. these mushroom cutlet or mushroom patties can also be added to burger buns. Add some mayonnaise, sliced onions, tomatoes and lettuce and you are have yum burgers ready. You can also stuff them in Wraps or rolls or serve them plain with a side Sauce or Chutney.
78. Dahi vada recipe – popular North Indian street food snack where lentil dumplings are dunked in a creamy whipped yogurt topped with spicy and Sweet chutneys. this is a popular sweet snack made for Iftar.
79. Cheese garlic bread recipe – easy to make quick 15 minute cheese garlic bread recipe for the those folks who want a quick snack. Use any bread and cheese of your choice.
80. Chole bhature – spicy chickpea curry served with leavened fried bread. Also called as chana masala, this lip smacking snack is popular in Punjab and parts of north India as well. If you are not in favor of having fried bhaturas or Pooris, then you can serve the Chole with Tandoori rotis or Naan.
81. Chickpea fritters recipe – an easy to make simple snack with dried chickpeas (safed chana or chole). These are similar to Falafel in their texture and crunch, but the taste is different as they are flavored with Indian herbs and spices. Chickpea vadas goes very well with Coconut chutney or even Coriander chutney. they also taste good with Tomato ketchup.
82. Aloo tikka recipe – spiced & marinated potatoes which are either grilled or pan fried. The recipe posted here shares both the oven grilling as well pan frying methods for cooking the potatoes. this aloo tikka recipe uses curd for marination. I have also shared a Vegan version of aloo tikka which makes use of Cashew curd. for more delicious potato recipes you can check this Collection of 65 potato recipes.
84. Chana dal bhel puri recipe – spicy and tangy Indian street food made from masala chana dal or spiced bengal gram.
85. Bread sooji toast recipe – easy to prepare toast with semolina (rava or cream of wheat), onion, tomato and cream filling. the choice of bread is yours – White bread, Whole wheat bread or Brown bread. you can use fresh bread or even a few days old bread.
86. Dahi papdi chaat recipe – a popular chaat snack which is sweet, spicy and tangy. in this dahi papdi chaat, you will get to taste the sweetness of the curd, crispiness of papdi, soft melt in the mouth boiled potatoes and not to forget the Indian spices which adds their own zing, tang and spiciness in the dish.
87. Kulcha recipe – kulcha is a popular Indian flat bread from north India, especially Punjab. These soft textured breads are easy to prepare. Kulcha can be made in the tandoor as well as on a tava or griddle. Kulcha can be served with any gravy dish. An equally popular street from Delhi is Matar kulcha.
88. Aloo paneer tikki recipe – easy and quick recipe for making tikkis with potatoes and paneer.
89. Moong sprouts chaat recipe – quick and easy chaat made with moong sprouts. Combining moong sprouts with Indian spices and herbs, chutneys makes for an excellent chaat snack. The recipe is simple and even without the addition of chutneys taste good.
90. Veg pizza sandwich recipe – these pizza sandwiches are basically grilled sandwiches. Though you can also make toast sandwiches. You can add veggies of your choice in the stuffing like steamed baby corn or boiled sweet corn.
91. Dahi sev batata puri recipe – a yummy chatpata chaat snack from Mumbai. This chaat has its name dahi sev batata puri, since dahi (yogurt), sev (fried thin gram flour vermicelli), batata (aloo in hindi or potato in english) and puris are used to make this awesome snack.
92. Raw mango chaat recipe – tangy and spicy chaat made with raw mangoes, puffed rice and other ingredients. if you prefer a balance of sweetnees and tang, then add some sweet tamarind chutney in the chaat. Or you can also add sweetened yogurt (curd). You can also check this Raw mango salad recipe.
93. Quick bread tartlets recipe – bread tartlets is a quick snack or munch and is ready in 15-20 minutes. The stuffing can be your own choice of veggies and you can also spice it according to your taste buds.
94. Bread pizza recipe – easy to make bread pizza with veggies and cheese. For this bread pizza recipe, you don’t need ready Pizza sauce. but if you have, then your work is reduced and and you just need to place the veggies on the sauce smeared toasted bread slices.
95. Rajma sandwich recipe – tasty grilled sandwiches made with a spiced rajma stuffing. You can make these sandwiches from left over rajma masala also. The consistency of the Rajma masala has to be dry or semi dry to make sandwiches. However for this recipe, I have shown the complete method of soaking and cooking rajma.
96. Kanda bhaji recipe – crisp and crunchy fried fritters made mainly with onions and gram flour. A popular street food snack from maharashtra.
97. Chana chaat recipe – a quick snack made from white chickpeas or chole. its quick and easy to make and assemble. You could serve the chaat warm or cold.
99. Fruit chaat recipe – Delhi style fruit chaat recipe. Spiced Indian fruit salad. This is another way you can include fruits during ramadan.
100. Vegetable paratha recipe – healthy whole wheat parathas made with mix vegetables. these vegetable parathas are soft and stay so even after cooling down. The cooked and mashed veggies give the parathas a soft texture.